We love our Crock Pot. Even during the warm summer months…just pair whatever you cook with a nice crisp salad and it won’t feel so “warm”.
For this recipe instead of using lots of veggies in our crock, we used a bunch of citruses to pair with the Chek Orange Pineapple Soda (we usually use Dr. Pepper, but wanted to make something, not as “heavy”).
Summer Citrus Crock Pot Pork
- Brown Sugar
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 medium Lemon
- 2 Jalapenos (omit if you’re a wimp)
- 1 medium Orange
- 2 medium Pears
- 9 slices of Bacon
- 3 pounds Pork Shoulder
- 2 cans Chek Orange Pineapple Soda
- Slice all produce.
- Cut Pork into three large sections.
- Layer Pork then Seasonings & Fruit.
- Start with Fruit on the bottom and end with Fruit on the top (so 5 layers total).
- Top with Bacon.
- Cook for 4 hours on Low and 6-10 hours (depending on personal schedule) on Warm
(longer = more tender).
Disclosure: I received sample products and a gift card from BI-LO to share this recipe and post. All opinions are my own.