We love our Crock Pot. Even during the warm summer months…just pair whatever you cook with a nice crisp salad and it won’t feel so “warm”.
For this recipe instead of using lots of veggies in our crock, we used a bunch of citruses to pair with the Chek Orange Pineapple Soda (we usually use Dr. Pepper, but wanted to make something, not as “heavy”).
GRAB YOUR FREE PRINTABLE FOR Summer Citrus Crock Pot Pork Recipe
Summer Citrus Crock Pot Pork
- Brown Sugar
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 medium Lemon
- 2 Jalapenos (omit if you’re a wimp)
- 1 medium Orange
- 2 medium Pears
- 9 slices of Bacon
- 3 pounds Pork Shoulder
- 2 cans Chek Orange Pineapple Soda
- Slice all produce.
- Cut Pork into three large sections.
- Layer Pork then Seasonings & Fruit.
- Start with Fruit on the bottom and end with Fruit on the top (so 5 layers total).
- Top with Bacon.
- Cook for 4 hours on Low and 6-10 hours (depending on personal schedule) on Warm
(longer = more tender).
Disclosure: I received sample products and a gift card from BI-LO to share this recipe and post. All opinions are my own.