Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos with Cheese Sauce
Gather friends and family for this dinner — you’ll be able to feed them all since it serves 16!
Because the chicken is cooked in the crock pot, you won’t have to spend much time in the kitchen preparing it either. Double bonus!!
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Recipe: Cheesy Chicken Sour Cream Burritos
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (18 oz) creamy cheese cooking sauce (like Progresso™ Recipe Starters™)
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) green chiles, drained
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese or Cheddar cheese (16 oz)
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 16 flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker; sprinkle with 2 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour cooking sauce and chiles over chicken; stir.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from slow cooker; set aside and keep warm.
- Stir 3 cups of the cheese into sauce in slow cooker until melted; using whisk, stir in sour cream. Replace cover.
- Use 2 forks to pull chicken into shreds. Place chicken in large bowl. Pour 2 1/2 to 3 cups of the sauce over chicken; toss gently to coat.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture on center of each tortilla. Top each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining cheese. Fold one end of tortilla up about 1 inch over filling; fold right and left sides over folded end, overlapping, Fold remaining end down.(or you can simply roll them). Top each burrito with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the remaining sauce, if desired. Top with lettuce, sour cream and salsa.
Copyright 2014 TrueCouponing, LLC. All rights reserved.