Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
If you love chocolate and mint like me, you will love this yummy cupcake!
Because chocolate is just the best thing ever.
Combine it with mint, and it’s a hit every time especially since these are so easy to make!
Just don’t eat 3 in one sitting. It will be hard not to I tell ya!
Hurry and grab your ingredients and get busy!
Using a box mix for this recipe makes it so easy! All you have to make is the frosting 🙂
I know…they look good enough to eat just like that, don’t they?!
You can use any kind of chocolate chips you like — milk chocolate, semi-sweet or even dark chocolate.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- Eggs, Oil, and Water (according to box ingredients)
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 6 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Mint Extract
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Green Food Coloring
- Make cupcakes according to directions.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool.
- Cream butter in a large bowl.
- Add mint and 10 drops of food coloring.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Add milk a little at a time until icing becomes creamy.
- Transfer about 1/2 cup icing to another bowl and set aside.
- Fold in chocolate chips until well distributed.
- Place icing in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Using icing with no chips, ice a ring around the edge of the cupcake.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop up a scoop of firm icing. Press down in middle of the scoop to create an indentation and place on the ringed cupcake.
- Repeat for remaining cupcakes.
Here are some other Mint Chocolate recipes you might enjoy:
More Fun Articles To Read:
Crock Pot Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe Creamy tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich instantly transports me back to Saturday lunch time when I was a kid...yummy! Toss these simple ingredients in the crock pot before you leave for work and soup will be...read more
These restaurant secret recipes are my favorite way to wow my guests! Restaurants are so hard to resist. They are my kryptonite! The food and atmosphere keep me coming back for more every time! Then there’s the bread and butter or the spices and olive oil dipping. Oh,...read more