Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
If you love chocolate and mint like me, you will love this yummy cupcake!
Because chocolate is just the best thing ever.
Combine it with mint, and it’s a hit every time especially since these are so easy to make!
Just don’t eat 3 in one sitting. It will be hard not to I tell ya!
Hurry and grab your ingredients and get busy!
Using a box mix for this recipe makes it so easy! All you have to make is the frosting 🙂
I know…they look good enough to eat just like that, don’t they?!
You can use any kind of chocolate chips you like — milk chocolate, semi-sweet or even dark chocolate.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- Eggs, Oil, and Water (according to box ingredients)
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 6 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Mint Extract
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Green Food Coloring
- Make cupcakes according to directions.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool.
- Cream butter in a large bowl.
- Add mint and 10 drops of food coloring.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Add milk a little at a time until icing becomes creamy.
- Transfer about 1/2 cup icing to another bowl and set aside.
- Fold in chocolate chips until well distributed.
- Place icing in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Using icing with no chips, ice a ring around the edge of the cupcake.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop up a scoop of firm icing. Press down in middle of the scoop to create an indentation and place on the ringed cupcake.
- Repeat for remaining cupcakes.
Here are some other Mint Chocolate recipes you might enjoy:
More Fun Articles To Read:
This easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is a family favorite we have at least once a month. I plan this meal for hectic afternoons when I have lots of errands to run and kids to pick up and drop off. It's so nice to walk in the house after a busy afternoon to the...
Crock Pot Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe Creamy tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich instantly transport me back to Saturday lunchtime when I was a kid...yummy! Toss these simple ingredients in the crockpot before you leave for work and soup will be ready and waiting...