Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Our family LOVES Chicken Tortilla Soup and what easier way to make it than to do it in the crock pot!
What could be easier than putting all the ingredients in the crock pot and turning it on?!
You may want to use more than 6 tortillas…we always run out before the soup is gone!
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Onion
- 1 Jalapeno diced (seeds removed)
- 1 can Rotel not drained
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- 6 Corn tortilla
- Place all ingredients except cheese, tortillas, cilantro and corn in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred chicken with a spoon or fork.
- Drain and add corn.
- Cut 2 tortillas into strips and add to pot.
- Finely chop cilantro leaves and add to soup.
- Cook for another hour.
- Cut remaining tortillas into strips, place on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Put soup in bowls and garnish with tortilla strips and cheese.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy: