Sooner or later just about everything goes on sale. Knowing when items are at their lowest prices and buying them before you need them is a shopping technique that can save you hundreds of dollars every year on all kinds of items from groceries to gifts!
June brings sales on sunscreen, lots of in-season produce, National Dairy Month, and even FREE doughnuts! You’ll see sales and coupons to go along with these items and more in June. Stock up while these items are cheap!
Best Things To Buy In June:
From the Grocery Stores
- BBQ and Picnic Supplies – Gear up for summer parties by stocking up on party supplies at your grocery store…YES, the grocery store! You’ll see sales and coupons to match on things like charcoal, paper plates, condiments, napkins and plastic ware.
- Dairy Products – June is National Dairy Month! Look for sales and extra coupons available on items like milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, cottage cheese, sour cream and ice cream (Yay!).
- Sunscreen – Coupons, deals, sales and stackable coupons will allow you to keep your skin protected and your budget in tact. You’ll see great deals on sunscreen starting now.
In Season Produce
The cheapest produce in stores and at local farmer’s markets is always what’s in season. Here’s a list of in-season fruits and veggies for June:
- Berries (blueberries, strawberries)
- Peppers (Chile and Sweet)
- Summer Squash
TVs and Electronics
The Japanese fiscal year ended in March, so new Japanese-made electronics are in stores now. They will all be getting rid of “old” stock (those TVs that were state-of-the-art just weeks ago). Next to Super Bowl sales, June is the best time of the year to purchase new electronics!
Spring is the peak time to buy a house! Many sellers will be listing their homes for sale in hopes of moving during the summer when kids are out of school. Buyers will have their best selection now.
Tools make great gifts! June brings Father’s Day Sales on all kinds of power and manual tools, but be sure to shop early in the month. The sales will end when Father’s Day is gone. Some Moms out there might like tools, too! I have my own toolbox full of things I need to hang pictures and do small repairs around the house. I love not having to borrow my husband’s tools. (I can’t find anything in the garage anyway!)
Spring Cleaning donations continue this month. Shopping at Thrift Stores you will find plenty of new inventory with inexpensive treasures waiting to be discovered.
Even though hurricane season starts in June, it is often more active in later months (like August when school starts!). The slightly increased chance of bad weather brings lower prices to cruises in the Caribbean. If that’s where you want to be, June might be the time to go.
With wedding and graduation season upon us, look for stores to offer discounts on cookware. It always makes a great gift.
Mark your calendars now! June 6th is National Doughnut Day! In previous years we have seen free doughnut offerings from stores like Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ Donuts. Stay tuned to TrueCouponing.com, and we’ll let you know where to get your FREE Doughnut!
Take advantage of free or discounted movies during the summer! Almost all theaters offer some kind of summer discounts. See all the 2014 Summer Movie Deals on TrueCouponing.com. It’s a nice way to get out of the heat and spend some time together.
Summer Reading Programs
Need a little help encouraging your kids to read this summer? Check out our list of FREE Summer Reading Programs! There are free reading charts you can download, free books to earn, and your kids can even earn $10 deposited into their bank account.
What NOT To Buy in June:
Here are a few of the items you’ll want to purchase another time:
- Beef – Have you heard of the beef shortage? Because of droughts in recent years, cattle herds are smaller nationwide. That means higher prices at the grocery store. When you’re planning your cookouts, consider more chicken or fish this summer.
- Sandals – I know summer time calls for new sandals, but you’re not going to find any bargains on them until Labor Day. So, buy only what you must for now and save up for a shopping spree in a couple of months. Until then, you will see sales on flip-flops at places like Old Navy and JCPenney! Maybe that will hold you over!
- Patio Furniture – Peak season to use it is NOT peak season to buy it! You will see prices on patio furniture drop after the 4th of July and even more in August and September.
- Grills – Grill prices are lower in June than in recent months, but July and August should bring clearance prices. We recommend waiting just a few more weeks for that new grill.
~ Happy June Bargain Shopping!