Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar
Looking for a really pretty and really yummy dessert to serve for Valentine’s Day? This Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar is perfect to serve that day or any day!
With just six simple ingredients and a little over an hour of time, you’ll have a pretty dessert to serve your guests!
Sprinkling the sliced strawberries with sugar not only sweetens them but makes a delicious juice too!
Cutting the angel food cake into 1″ cubes makes them just the right size 🙂
- 1 lb Angel Food Cake or Pound cake
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup cold Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Reserve 4 strawberries for garnish.
- Remove stems and cut up remaining strawberries and put in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut cake into 1″ cubes.
- Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to zippered bag and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Clip corner of bag to allow for piping.
- In each jar layer cake, then strawberries, then whip cream and then repeat these layers.
- Take reserved strawberries and use for garnish on each jar.
More recipes you might be interested in:
Crock Pot Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe Creamy tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich instantly transport me back to Saturday lunchtime when I was a kid...yummy! Toss these simple ingredients in the crockpot before you leave for work and soup will be ready and waiting...
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe Our kids love to have a cup of Hot Chocolate when the weather turns colder. And with five of them, there never seems to be enough to go around since they all want refills! Now I can make plenty at one time with this Crock Pot...
It’s getting down to the wire for Christmas shopping. If you're like me, then you still have a few people who you'd like to get something for them, but you don't have the time (or money) to you are like me then you might have a few more people you want to give a...
Fun news: We're changing the name of the company from True Couponing to True Money Saver! When I first started the company in January 2010, I was sharing my couponing grocery shopping trips. The name True Couponing made sense because that's what I said when I taught...