Krispie Treat Bunnies
Who doesn’t love Krispie Treats? Did you ever think to make them shaped with cookie cutters? Bunny shapes are perfect for Easter. You can even embellish them with frosting for an extra layer of sweetness.
You’ll need the typical Krispie Treat ingredients with the addition of candy melts for embellishing your bunnies.
Ooey, gooey, melty deliciousness…
This is the step you need to do kind of fast. Mix all the cereal with the melted marshmallow goodness. Be sure to cover all the cereal to make it all sticky.
Spread evenly into a jelly roll pan while still warm.
Bunny shaped cookie cutters are perfect for Easter. You could also use egg-shaped ones.
- 6 cup Crispy Rice Cereal (any brand)
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- 1/8 cup Pink Candy Melting Chips
- Grease a jelly roll pan.
- In a medium to large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Crispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Allow to set about 4 minutes.
- Butter a your hands and press mixture into prepared pan.
- Allow to set before cutting into bunny shapes.
- You can optionally dip the tops of the bunnies in white or dark chocolate prior to decorating. Allow to set.
- Place pink chips in the corner of a zippered sandwich bag.
- Melt candy my microwaving for 45 seconds and kneading until melted and smooth.
- Clip small corner of bag to pipe.
- Use melted chocolate to accent each treat with a tie or pink tail.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
We love our Crock Pot. Even during the warm summer months...just pair whatever you cook with a nice crisp salad and it won't feel so "warm". For this recipe instead of using lots of veggies in our crock, we used a bunch of citruses to pair with...read more
This easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is a family favorite we have at least once a month. I plan this meal for hectic afternoons when I have lots of errands to run and kids to pick up and drop off. It's so nice to walk in the house after a busy afternoon to the...read more
It’s getting down to the wire for Christmas shopping. If you're like me, then you still have a few people who you'd like to get something for them, but you don't have the time (or money) to you are like me then you might have a few more people you want to...read more
Fun news: We're changing the name of the company from True Couponing to True Money Saver! When I first started the company in January 2010, I was sharing my couponing grocery shopping trips. The name True Couponing made sense because that's what I said when I taught...read more