It’s that time of year again!
Dust off your aprons, go grab a deal on flour and sugar (they’re on sale everywhere this time of year) and preheat the oven.
We’re going to bake some cookies!
We’ve got some cute and delicious Christmas Cookie recipes to share with you.
Christmas Cookie Recipe Day 9:
Yugoslavian Christmas Cookies
I loved the crunchy nuts and soft meringue with the berry shortbread crust…Mmmmmm!
Plus, the lemon extract adds a little bit of tart that I love so much.
I think you’re gonna love ’em too! Invite a friend over to make them with and get double the pleasure 😀
Ingredients for 9×13 inch pan:
- 1/2 pound – Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup – Sugar
- 1 – Egg Yolk, Large (watch…just the yolk)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt – Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups – All Purpose Flour
- 4 – Large Egg Whites (yes, save the one separated from above)
- 1 Cup – Sugar
- 3/4 Cup – Ground Walnuts
- 1 Teaspoon – Lemon Extract
- 1 Cup – Blackberry Jelly
- 1/4 Cup – Walnuts, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together thoroughly; add egg yolk and salt and combine.
- Add flour and combine.
- Pat mixture into a 9×13 inch pan.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar.
- Continue to beat until you reach a meringue consistency.
- Gently fold in ground walnuts and lemon extract.
- Spread jelly over dough mixture in pan.
- Swirl meringue over jelly.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
(Recipe from gonnawantseconds.com.)