Santa Sugar Cookies
Dig that heart-shaped cookie cutter out of storage and use it to make these Santa Sugar Cookies!
Gather all your ingredients.
Sift together dry ingredients.
Resist the urge to eat the batter right now!
(You can do it!)
Roll out your dough and use your heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
It’s time to decorate these Santa Sugar Cookies! These are easy!
BONUS FREE DOWNLOAD
Planning Is Key During The Holidays
Here are some FREE Cheat Sheets of pertinent things you don't want to forget to do this coming holiday season.
Santa Sugar Cookies
Recipe Type: Christmas Cookies
Serves: 24 cookies
Use your heart-shaped cookie cutter to create these adorable Santa Sugar Cookies!
- 3 cups Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Corn Syrup
- Red Food Coloring
- 24 Red M&M Minis
- 48 Candy Eyes
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and milk and continue beating on low.
- Slowly add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Wrap each half in waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Dust the work area and rolling pin with powdered sugar.
- Roll out dough to 1/4″ thick.
- Cut the Santa Sugar Cookies into heart shapes and place them on the prepared sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Leave on sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, and corn syrup in a bowl until smooth.
- Divide icing in half and color one half with red food coloring.
- Transfer each color to a piping bag or zippered bag to pipe onto cookies.
- Turn the heart upside down.
- Pipe red on top to make a hat.
- Pipe White around the bottom to make a beard.
- Use white icing to glue down a red M&M for the nose and the two candy eyes.
- Allow that to dry for 10 minutes.
- Pipe red mouth between beard and mustache.
- Pipe a white band at bottom of the hat and a white ball at the top.
- Allow the Santa Sugar Cookies to sit for at least an hour for icing to get hard.