Reindeer Cookies (Using A Gingerbread Cookie Cutter)
Your Gingerbread Men are going to have some company this year!
Use that same cookie cutter to make these adorable reindeer cookies!
I know…it looks like a lot of ingredients, but if you bake regularly you probably already have all these things (except maybe the molasses).
Sift all the dry ingredients together.
Cut out all the
gingerbread men reindeer shapes.
Have fun adding the reindeer details!
BONUS FREE DOWNLOAD
Planning Is Key During The Holidays
Here are some FREE Cheat Sheets of pertinent things you don't want to forget to do this coming holiday season.
Reindeer Cookies Made From A Gingerbread Cookie Cutter
Recipe Type: Christmas Cookies
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/3 cup Shortening, melted
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 8 tsp Water
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 18 red M&M’s or Red Hot candies
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Corn Syrup
- Brown Food Coloring
- Black Food Coloring
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Beat together shortening, molasses, water, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla until blended.
- Slowly stir in the dry mixture until completely absorbed.
- Divide dough in half.
- Flatten each, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (can be left overnight, too).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Flour work surface.
- Roll dough out to 1/4″ thickness.
- Cut out gingerbread men and place 1″ apart on prepared sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until they look dry.
- Move to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine egg whites and corn syrup and whip on high until foamy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar whipping until shiny and soft peaks form.
- Add brown coloring and whip until the color is uniform,
- Transfer 2/3 of icing to a piping bag or zippered bag.
- Add black food coloring to remaining icing and whip until the color is uniform.
- Transfer remaining icing to a piping bag or zippered bag.
- Turn gingerbread men upside down and pipe brown to form face and ears as shown.
- Place red M&M or Red Hot candy for nose.
- Place 2 black dots for eyes.
- Pipe black to show inside of ears and mouth.
- Pipe black antlers onto your Reindeer Cookies.