Now you can make your own Peppermint Patties from scratch in your own kitchen!
You can use the food coloring to make your filling red or green for Christmas.
Layering white and red filling adds a great touch for Christmas…Valentine’s Day, too!
Now just dip the Peppermint Patties in the melted chocolate and decorate!
BONUS FREE DOWNLOAD
Planning Is Key During The Holidays
Here is a FREE Checklist of pertinent things you don't want to forget to do this coming holiday season.
Recipe Type: Christmas Cookies
Make your own Christmas Peppermint Patties from scratch!
- 2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Red Food Coloring
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Melting Chips
- 1/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, corn syrup, water, peppermint, and shortening.
- Mix at low speed just till mixture comes together.
- Transfer 1/3 of the mixture to a separate bowl and add red food coloring.
- Mix until blended.
- Dust work surface with powdered sugar and knead the white mixture until smooth.
- Roll out between sheets of parchment or wax paper until 1/8-1/4″ thick.
- Knead red mixture on the work surface until smooth.
- Roll out between sheets of parchment or wax paper until 1/8″ thick.
- Place both rolled peppermints in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Cut out as many white circles as possible and place it on a parchment-lined sheet.
- Cut out as many red circles as possible and place it on top of white circles.
- Place in the freezer for at least 40 minutes.
- Melt chips by microwaving for 45 seconds, stirring, and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Place each patty on a fork and dip in chocolate. Gently tap against the side of the bowl to let excess drip off.
- Place patty back on sheet.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes to let the chocolate set up.
- Place white chocolate in the corner of a zippered sandwich bag and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Knead chocolate to make sure it is melted. If not, microwave another 15 seconds.
- Clip very tip of corner, and pipe snowflake on the Peppermint Patties.
Find more Christmas Recipes on TrueMoneySaver.com.