Chocolate Donuts with Peppermint Glaze
Is there a more delicious combination in this world than chocolate and peppermint? And then it’s put in a donut?! That’s just heavenly!
Don’t let the number of ingredients scare you. This is as simple as combine the dry ingredients, then the wet ingredients, then put them together. Bake and glaze! Easy peasy!
Whisking is a really quick and easy way to get your ingredients combined!
You will be tempted to eat these once they come out of the oven but the WAIT for that peppermint glaze will be SO worth it!
You don’t have to have a food processor to crush the peppermint but it does make it very easy.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 15 Peppermint Disks or Canes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry just until incorporated.
- Use a funnel to transfer batter into donut pan until 2/3 full.
- Bake 11-14 minutes until springy and a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow donuts to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes
- Place peppermint candy in food processor and pulse until crushed.
- Combine glaze ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Dip donuts in glaze and place on wire rack to cool.
- After glaze has set, dip a second time and dust with crushed candy.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy: