Texas Roadhouse Rolls & Butter
Those rolls at Texas Roadhouse are like a little bit of heaven! It doesn’t take long after the waitress brings them to the table for the basket to be empty! Now you can have those same rolls at home!
The ingredient list for these “disappearing” rolls is longer but very basic.
The dough should double in size when it rises.
Now you’re almost there! While the rolls are baking in the oven (and making the house smell heavenly!), you can whip up the Cinnamon Butter!
- 2 1/4 tsp Yeast (or 1 packet)
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 cup Flour
- CINNAMON HONEY BUTTER:
- 1 sticks Butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Scald milk by boiling and then allow to cool to warm temperature.
- Add yeast, honey and milk to bowl and mix. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes (allow yeast to bloom).
- Put yeast mixture, 3 tablespoons melted butter, egg and 2 cups of flour into bowl of stand mixer.
- Mix on low using the bread hook until smooth.
- Keep slowly adding flour until dough comes together.
- Add salt and allow to mixer to knead for 8 minutes.
- Flour work surface and turn out dough and knead for a few more minutes.
- Spray bowl with cooking spray and place dough in bowl.
- Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto a floured work surface.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, about 1/2” thick.
- Fold over and gently roll to seal together.
- Cut into 24 squares and place on prepared sheets about an inch apart.
- Cover and let rise until almost doubled in size (about 40 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with remaining melted butter.
- Whip all ingredients for honey butter together until smooth.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Crock Pot Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe Creamy tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich instantly transports me back to Saturday lunch time when I was a kid...yummy! Toss these simple ingredients in the crock pot before you leave for work and soup will be...read more
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe Our kids love to have a cup of Hot Chocolate when the weather turns colder. And with five of them, there never seems to be enough to go around since they all want refills! Now I can make plenty at one time with this Crock Pot...read more
It’s getting down to the wire for Christmas shopping. If you're like me, then you still have a few people who you'd like to get something for them, but you don't have the time (or money) to you are like me then you might have a few more people you want to...read more
Fun news: We're changing the name of the company from True Couponing to True Money Saver! When I first started the company in January 2010, I was sharing my couponing grocery shopping trips. The name True Couponing made sense because that's what I said when I taught...read more