Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake Recipe
Did your mom make poke cake when you were little? I can remember red ones, yellow ones, green ones and orange ones. Didn’t matter the flavor, we devoured them!
Poke around in your pantry and fridge and you’ll probably find most, if not all, of the ingredients for this easy cake.
After making the cake and letting it cool, it’s time to poke the holes. My mom always used the handle of her wooden spoon for our cakes.
After you’ve dissolved the Jell-O, pour it slowly and evenly over the top of the cake. It will be so pretty later when you cut into it.
The extra little layer of yumminess comes from the Cheesecake Pudding Mix. After it’s been spread over the cake and then you’ve chilled the cake for about an hour, you can frost it with whipped topping and sliced strawberries.
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 1 pkg Strawberry Jello
- 1/2 cup cold Water
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced Strawberries in Sugar, thawed
- 1 large box instant Cheesecake Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare the cake following box directions.
- Coat sides and bottom of a 9×13 dish with shortening.
- Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Poke holes all over top of cake.
- Add boiling water to Jello mix in small bowl and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and pour over cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk together milk and pudding mix until smooth.
- Add in sliced strawberries.
- Pour pudding evenly over the cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top with whipped topping and garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
This easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is a family favorite we have at least once a month. I plan this meal for hectic afternoons when I have lots of errands to run and kids to pick up and drop off. It's so nice to walk in the house after a busy afternoon to the...read more
Crock Pot Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe Creamy tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich instantly transports me back to Saturday lunch time when I was a kid...yummy! Toss these simple ingredients in the crock pot before you leave for work and soup will be...read more
It’s getting down to the wire for Christmas shopping. If you're like me, then you still have a few people who you'd like to get something for them, but you don't have the time (or money) to you are like me then you might have a few more people you want to...read more
Fun news: We're changing the name of the company from True Couponing to True Money Saver! When I first started the company in January 2010, I was sharing my couponing grocery shopping trips. The name True Couponing made sense because that's what I said when I taught...read more