Pecan Pie Bars
There wasn’t a Thanksgiving or Christmas I can remember without Pecan Pie. It was my Dad’s favorite, and I must have inherited that gene. These Pecan Pie Bars look delicious and seem super easy to make. I’m going to give them a try this Thanksgiving. I have a feeling they won’t last long in my house!
If you’ve made Pecan Pie before, the ingredients should look familiar. I’m not going to miss rolling out a pie crust, though!
How easy is this? Pat the “crust” down in your pan. My kids can help with this!
The main ingredients in this filling…brown sugar and corn syrup. Enough said.
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray bottom and sides of 8×8″ pan with cooking spray.
- Cream together sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add in flour and mix until incorporated.
- Press dough in bottom and slightly up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Stir together brown sugar, corn syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla, salt and eggs until blended.
- Fold in pecans and pour over crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until set.
- While still warm, run a knife around the edges to loosen from sides.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
You may also like:
|Get Cash Back with
|Tips for Lowering
Your Electric Bill