Pecan Pie Bars
There wasn’t a Thanksgiving or Christmas I can remember without Pecan Pie Bars.
It was my Dad’s favorite, and I must have inherited that gene.
These bars are delicious and super easy to make. I hope you give them a try this holiday season.
They don’t last long in my house!
If you’ve made Pecan Pie before, the ingredients should look familiar. I’m not going to miss rolling out a pie crust, though!
How easy is this? Pat the “crust” down in your pan. Your kids can help with this pecan pie bars recipe!
The main ingredients in this filling…brown sugar and corn syrup. Enough said.
BONUS FREE DOWNLOAD
Planning Is Key During The Holidays
Here are some FREE Cheat Sheets of pertinent things you don't want to forget to do this coming holiday season.
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Cuisine: Thanksgiving or Christmas
Serves: 9 bars
Here’s a new twist on the classic Pecan Pie. They are quick and easy to make, and we’re betting they’ll be easy to make disappear quickly, too!
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray bottom and sides of 8×8″ pan with cooking spray.
- Cream together sugar, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add in flour and mix until incorporated.
- Press dough in bottom and slightly up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Stir together brown sugar, corn syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla, salt, and eggs until blended.
- Fold in pecans and pour over crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until set.
- While still warm, run a knife around the edges to loosen from sides.
- Cool the Pecan Pie Bars completely before cutting.
Serving size: 1 bar