Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
Have you ever had Diana’s Bananas? Our kids LOVE them but they don’t go on sale all that often. Now we can make our own! YUM!
If you can melt chocolate, you can make these delicious treats! Just three simple ingredients and some wooden sticks 🙂
Get the kids to help insert the sticks into the bananas.
Freezing the bananas before coating them in chocolate makes it stick and harden very rapidly. Make sure to sprinkle on the nuts as soon as the bananas are coated before the chocolate starts to harden.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
- 2 Bananas
- 4 Popsicle Sticks
- 2 tbsp Crushed Nuts
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Melting Chips
- Prepare a tray or cookie sheet by lining it with wax or parchment paper.
- Peel bananas and cut in half.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the cut end of each banana half and place on tray.
- Place in freezer until frozen (2-3 hours).
- Melt chocolate by heating in the microwave for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip and roll banana in chocolate to make sure it is completely covered.
- Immediately sprinkle with nuts.
- Place on back on lined tray.