You can make a large quantity of this snack in just a few minutes. It makes a great after school snack. We also like to take it camping or on day hikes. It’s so versatile, that you can even dress it up for any holiday just by adding M&Ms (red/pink/white for Valentine’s Day, red/white/blue for 4th of July, red/green for Christmas, etc.). We think your family will love it!
Melt together chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter.
Substitutions work well in this recipe, so try any nut butter, butter substitute or even almond bark.
Pour the melted mixture over the top of the Chex cereal.
Mix together by gently folding together with a spatula to avoid crushing the cereal.
Transfer to a gallon size plastic bag, add powdered mixture and shake to coat.
- ½ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 teas. Vanilla
- 5 Cups Chex Cereal (we used rice flavor)
- ¾ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Optional – Add M&Ms to dress this snack up for any holiday. [br]Red/pink/white for Valentine’s Day, [br]red/white/blue for 4th of July, [br]pastels for Easter, [br]red/green for Christmas, etc.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter and Butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave in additional 15 second increments stirring after each until melted and smooth. Stir in the Vanilla.
- In a large bowl add the Chex Cereal and pour the melted chocolate over the top. Gently fold together with a spatula until the Cereal is completely coated. Transfer to a gallon size resealable bag.
- In a small bowl combine the Powdered Sugar and Cocoa Powder. Sprinkle about half into the bag with the Chex Cereal. Seal the bag, make sure you leave lots of air in the bag, then shake to coat.
- Add the remaining Sugar and Cocoa and shake again.
- Serve or keep in sealed bag or container.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy: