Candy Corn Krispy Treats Recipe
It’s the perfect combo for Halloween — candy corn and krispy treats! Make this festive sweet treat for your little ghosts and goblins!
With just 3 ingredients and some food coloring, you can make these fun treats for your Halloween party!
When mixing the cereal and the marshmallow, it helps to put a little oil on the spatula to keep the mixture from sticking.
I like to put a little butter on my fingers before shaping the circles to keep the marshmallow mixture from sticking.
After you cut this into triangles, you can even put a wooden stick in the wider end for a treat “on-the-go”.
- 6 1/2 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- Red Food Coloring
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Wilton White White Icing Color (optional)
- Lightly spray a pie pan with non stick spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Transfer about half the marshmallow mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add about 10 drops of yellow food coloring and mix well.
- Add 3 cups cereal and mix well.
- Butter your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture firmly into a ring around the outer edge of the pan.
- Transfer most (about 4/5) of the remaining marshmallow mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add about 10 drops of yellow and 6 drops or red food coloring and mix well.
- Add 2 1/2 cups cereal and mix well.
- Butter your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture firmly against the yellow ring around the outer edge of the pan leaving a empty circle in the middle.
- Optionally, add about 6 drops of white icing color to the marshmallow mixture remaining in the saucepan and mix well.
- Add 1 cup cereal and mix well.
- Butter your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture firmly against the orange ring into the empty spot in the middle.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Lift out whole and cut, or cut in pan into triangular pieces.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
- Ghostly Peep Brownies Recipe
- Orange Jack O Lantern Fruit Cup Recipe
- Easy Apple Cider Glazed Donuts Recipe
You might also like:
|Blessing Others – Donate
from Your Stockpile
|What You Need to Know
About Printable Coupons
|How to Use