Here at True Couponing, we receive questions daily about all kinds of things pertaining to couponing. To help answer your questions, we will regularly post Questions and Answers to some of the Frequently Asked Questions we receive from our readers.
“When do I clean out my Coupon Box?” and “How do we send our expired coupons to the Military?”
Our Coupon Box is a tool we use to hold all the coupons we need before we go to shop. We get a lot of questions about what to purge, when to purge and where to send the stuff we DID purge! Here are some tips to keep your Q Box looking lean!
- Monthly we will tell you what to purge out of your box (it will say: You can purge all inserts before XX/XX/XX because there are less than 5-10 UNexpired coupons inside). Currently, you can purge anything prior to the 12/5/10 Coupon Insert.
- P&G Coupon inserts expire almost monthly. So those can be mailed off as soon as a new one comes in the newspaper. Currently, you can purge the P&G up to the 5/01/11 file.
- GM Coupon inserts also have a very short expiration date and therefore can be purged sooner that the rest of the inserts.
- Dollar General puts their weekly ad inside the SmartSource Coupon insert. It is only good for the week in which it comes in the Insert. So to save space PURGE IMMEDIATELY!!! (just save one out IF you want to use it during the week!) When I took these out of all my smartsource, it created a pile almost 8 inches high!
- Do you have coupons you don’t need or surely won’t use? Specific products, like Pet and Baby coupons can usually be used by someone locally. If you have Baby Coupons you are not going to use (and have NOT Expired yet), please send them to Lifecare of Brandon, 122 N. Moon Ave, Brandon, FL 33510. They would love to pass them along to someone in need!
How do we send our expired coupons to the Military?
- Monthly, check HERE for the current date of when to purge your coupons!
- Get an envelope or “flat rate” box to put all your coupons inside.
- Print a letter to include with your coupons HERE.
- Choose a Military Base to send the coupons to (see list from our friend Michelle HERE), write the address on your printed form.
Do you have more questions?
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
- Browse through our previously posted FAQs.
- Questions about Workshops can be sent to [email protected] or visit our Workshop Information page.
- Leave a comment on the post you have a question about (especially if it is a current store list). Sometimes another reader will even respond before we can!
- View the schedule of upcoming classes and register for a class HERE.
If you still can’t find your answer, email us at [email protected] and we will do our best to help you!