Easter Deviled Eggs
Add a burst of color to your Easter table by dying your deviled eggs. Make them multi-colored or choose just one color to accent your table. These would be great for parties, too!
Assemble typical ingredients for deviled eggs with the addition of food coloring.
First, boil (and peel) eggs the easiest way possible with our quick tutorial here. Then slice boiled eggs in half length-wise and remove yolks. Fill bowls with water, add food coloring then add egg whites. Use as many colors as you like and divide egg whites between bowls.
Prepare filling. Transfer to a zippered bag or piping bag.
Pipe into colored egg whites.
- 12 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish (substitute dill if you prefer)
- 4 tsp prepared Mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Food coloring
- Place eggs in a pan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and turn off heat.
- Allow to sit for 9 minutes.
- Fill with cold water to stop cooking.
- Remove shells.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a bowl.
- Fill bowls with 1 cup cold water and 6 drops of food coloring.
- Divide cooked egg white halves evenly between the different colors.
- Allow whites to sit for 15 minutes or until desired color is reached.
- Place Colored egg whites on paper towels to dry.
- Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until consistency is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer mixture to zippered bag or piping bag and clip corner for piping.
- Pipe mixture into cooked egg whites and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Check This Out Next:
|One Simple Tip To Make Eggs
So They Are Easy To Peel!
|Yummy Carrot Cupcakes!|