Looking for some Disney FastPass tips? Then I’ve got some great ones for you!
Planning on visiting Walt Disney World in the near future?
Then you will definitely want to utilize the Disney FastPass system.
This system is like “call ahead seating” for a restaurant. It drastically reduces the wait time to get on a ride!
You may have utilized the previous FastPass system, but it has recently been updated and there are some Disney FastPass tips you can implement to make your day go even smoother.
The new FastPass system in Walt Disney World is innovative and technologically advanced.
If you are staying in a Walt Disney World Resort you can sign up for FastPass 60 days before your vacation by selecting (3) FastPass attractions per day at the MyDisneyExperience.com website.
These selections are magically saved to your MagicBand. If you are staying outside of Walt Disney World you can make (3) FastPass selections per day up to 30 days before your vacation.
When your family’s vacation finally arrives you will enter your 1st theme park. When your hour time window arrives for your 1st FastPass selection, you will walk expeditiously over to that given attraction. You will study the location of the FastPass entrance and just before entering you will scan your MagicBands. The Mickey symbol will light up green and you are off to experience the magic of that Walt Disney World attraction!
These Disney FastPass tips are just too good to miss!
BONUS FREE DOWNLOAD
Tiny Steps You Can Take Today To Have More Money Tomorrow
Download this FREE Guide with 5 Solutions to show you how to have more money today.
After your three FastPass selections have been used, you can obtain a 4th by using an in-park kiosk. This can be done at the park you are currently in or when you enter a different theme park.
After the 4th FastPass has been used you can then obtain another one. This can continue to be accomplished until all the FastPass times are gone for the given day.
The following five Disney FastPass tips will help you get the most out of your day at the Walt Disney World theme park. Learn even more about Disney’s FastPass system in Jeffrey’s book, The Guide to FastPass+ in Walt Disney World.
Disney FastPass Tips
1. Do Not Use Your 3rd FastPass Late In The Day
When you sign up for your initial 3 FastPass+ attractions per day you will be able to choose from four different sets of time. Make sure you have the 3rd selection end by late morning or early afternoon at the latest.
Why you ask? Let them know the answer Johnny! (4th grade humor) You will then be able to make a 4th FastPass+ selection at an in-park kiosk early in the day for an attraction that still has times remaining. You could even get a 5th or a 6th. A 7th? Let’s not get ahead of ourselves!
On the contrary, if your 3rd FastPass+ ended at about 6pm, then most likely, the FastPass+ selections for the day could already have run out.
2. Do Not Waste A FastPass On Attractions That Regularly Have NO Wait
This is a mistake that countless Disney World visitors make on a daily basis. Don’t waste any of your FastPass selections on rides that regularly do not have a long wait:
- In the Magic Kingdom these attractions include but are not limited to: Mickey’s PhilharMagic and the Mad Tea Party. I have personally never waited for longer than 10 minutes for Mickey’s PhilharMagic. The Mad Tea Party only lasts a few minutes and the wait is typically about 20 minutes at the longest.
- In Epcot these attractions include: Journey into Imagination with Figment and Captain EO. Both of these attractions are in need of an update and the wait in the standby line will not be long at all.
- In Disney’s Hollywood Studios the attractions with little to no wait include: Muppet Vision 3D and Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage. The wait for the Muppets is usually about 15 minutes due to the fact that the attraction is housed in a large theater. However, even if the wait is longer than 15 minutes the pre-show is very entertaining. Beauty and the Beast is housed in a large theater that has plenty of seating. Arrive 20 minutes before a show begins and finding a seat will not be an issue.
- In Disney’s Animal Kingdom one attraction this concept applies to is “It’s Tough to be a Bug.” When you get to experience this 3D attraction, you will be seated in a large theater that seats hundreds of people. I have never waited for more than 15 minutes for the show to begin.
3. Do Not Wait Too Long To Get A FastPass For Popular Attractions
Always make your (3) FastPass selections per day 60 days in advance by specifying them at the MyDisneyExperience.com website. You can begin to do this as early as a few minutes after midnight. All FastPass times could be gone for certain attractions 59 days before your vacation or 40 days before your trip.
For example, FastPass+ times for the meet and greet at Princess Fairytale Hall with Anna and Elsa will be gone about 59 days in advance. There will be no more FastPass times for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train about 50 days in advance. Don’t miss out with these Disney FastPass tips!
Another location where FastPass times will go quickly is for Toy Story Midway Mania. They could be gone approximately 30 days in advance. Make your family happy and mark the 60 day date on your calendar!
BONUS FREE DOWNLOAD
Have More Money Tomorrow
Download this FREE Guide with 5 Solutions to show you how to have more money to make ends meet.
4. Do Not Use A FastPass For “Fantasmic” At Hollywood Studios
Fantasmic is an astonishing night time show in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. However, do not waste a FastPass+ on the attraction.
Why you ask? The simple reason is this. You can get reserved seating instead by using the Fantasmic Dining Package! To obtain this package you need to call (407) WDW-DINE.
The dining package works at the restaurants The Hollywood Brown Derby, Hollywood and Vine, or Mama Melrose. Ask the Disney dining representative for availability at one of these restaurants for the Fantasmic Dining Package. Make the reservation and you are set to go with these Disney FastPass tips.
Please note that if you are on one of the Disney dining plans, the Brown Derby will utilize two table service credits per person instead of one.
5. Do Not Use A FastPass For “Illuminations” (At Epcot) Or “Wishes” (At Magic Kingdom)
Finally, the fifth of my Disney fastpass tips. It would be a waste to use a FastPass+ for Illumination or Wishes. I do not mean that these nighttime attractions are not worth seeing.
Quite the contrary. The neat thing is that Illuminations can be seen without the need to use a FastPass in numerous locations throughout World Showcase in Epcot. “Wishes” can be experienced in many areas throughout the Magic Kingdom without a FastPass.
By not using a FastPass for these shows, it frees up your FastPass selections for use at other attractions.
In conclusion, use these Disney FastPass tips to select your (3) FastPass selections through the MyDisneyExperience.com website.
Make sure you are happy with the time windows.
If not, you can easily change them by clicking to “update” them and explore if other time slots are available.
It only takes seconds to ensure you really do have a special day at the Happiest Place on Earth.
~Have A Magical Time in the Happiest Place on Earth!