- If you have been couponing for a while now, you are probably accumulating some great expired coupons. Don’t you just hate to toss them? Well, you don’t have to! Military families outside the USA can use your expired coupons!
- Military bases outside of the USA can use manufacture coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date.
- They can use manufacture coupons only, no store coupons are accepted (so don’t included the Advantage flyers from Publix, or printed store coupons from Target).
Here’s what you do:
- Get an envelope or “flat rate” box to put all your coupons inside. Priority Mail Boxes and Envelopes are provided for free from USPS, standard domestic rates apply when you mail to an APO or FPO address.
- Print a letter to include with your coupons HERE.
- Choose a Military Family Services Center or Commissary (military base grocery store) to send the coupons to (see list from our friend Michelle HERE), write the address on your printed form.
Tips to keep your Q Box lean:
- P&G Coupon inserts expire almost monthly. So those can be mailed off as soon as a new one comes in the newspaper.
- GM Coupon inserts also have a very short expiration date and therefore can be purged sooner that the rest of the inserts.
- Dollar General puts their weekly ad inside the SmartSource Coupon insert. It is only good for the week in which it comes in the Insert. So to save space PURGE IMMEDIATELY!!! (just save one out IF you want to use it during the week!) When I took these out of all my smartsource, it created a pile almost 8 inches high!
- Do you have coupons you don’t need or surely won’t use? Specific products, like Pet and Baby coupons can usually be used by someone else locally. If you have Baby Coupons you are not going to use (that have NOT Expired yet), please send them to Lifecare of Brandon, 122 N. Moon Ave, Brandon, FL 33510. They would love to pass them along to someone in need!
Copyright © 2016 TrueCouponing.com Please do not cut & paste any information from here without asking us for permission first. Thank you!