Problems Printing Coupons?
Are you having problems printing coupons from one of the big coupon sites or from direct links to coupons on manufacturer’s sites? There is not one answer that can fix everyone’s problems. However, here are some tips you can try.
Many links are browser specific:
We already change any links for readers using Internet Explorer (IE) or FireFox (FF) as their browser. These are listed as printable (IE) or printable (FF).
If you run across a link surfing the internet here’s how to change it yourself:
See the “vg”? That one little part makes this link only work in Firefox. If anyone tried to print it in another web browser it would sit on the “sending to printer” screen indefinitely.
Want to make it for Internet Explorer?
Change the “vg” to “vi”
Want to make it for Safari?
Change the “vg” to “xs”
Sometimes the link will have a “wg” this works the same, just change the “wg” to “wi” for (IE) or to “xs” for Safari.
That’s great but I can’t print from any link!
Try these tips to see if any will work:
1. You might need to enable pop-ups or allow temporary pop-ups from a coupon printing site. This fix has worked for many people having problems printing coupons from the Target web site.
2. You might need to update to a new version of Java.
4. Change your internet options to “medium” security (if it is set to “high”). You will need to restart your computer after you change the setting for it to take effect.
5. Your firewall may be too strong. Try turning off your firewall before printing your coupons. You can turn it right back on when you are done printing.
6. Your router may have a built-in firewall that is too strong. You can plug the computer you are using directly into the modem or internet and bypass your router to test whether the firewall in the router is too strong.
7. If you use a MAC – many sites do not support (IE) on Macs. You can use Safari and/or Firefox. Also, SmartSource has recently updated Java and it is not working on Firefox to print coupons. You can print SmartSource coupons using Safari.
8. If you have Windows 7 –
There are a few sites that still do not support printing with any browser on Window’s 7. If you have another computer in your house, just use it to print coupons for now. This doesn’t seem to be a problem any longer. 🙂
9. You might need to update the driver for your printer. You can go to the website for your printer’s manufacturer and see if they have a new print driver. You can download and install it for free.
10. The coupon may have reached it’s print limit. Most printable coupons have a limited number of times it is allowed to be printed. Once the print limit has been reached, it will no longer print.
How many coupons can I print?
Most of the time you can print (2) coupons per link and per computer. After the first coupon prints, simply click your browser’s “back” button a few times and another unique coupon will print with different bar code numbers than the first one. You should be able to print (2) coupons per computer (not per printer).
If you have another tip that has worked for you, please leave a comment so everyone can benefit from your experience.
We will keep a link to this post under “Helpful Links” for easy reference.