Baking goodies to give as gifts can really help stretch your Christmas budget.
Not only can you give more, but you also get to spend time in the kitchen with your family making new memories each year.
There are also wonderful traditions we all have of the special dishes we have on Christmas morning.
Our family uses this recipe for Sausage Strata every Christmas morning!
Our Christmas Breakfast includes Sausage Strata, Sara Lee Coffee Cake, Cheese Grits and of course, OJ and coffee!
Our Favorite Christmas Recipes: Sausage Strata
- 6 slices of thin sliced bread
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 tsp mustard
- 4 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 pan and place the bread slices in a single layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet and then drain well.
- Stir the mustard into the sausage. Then spoon the meat over the bread.
- Sprinkle bread and meat with Swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly and then pour over cheese and sausage.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This recipe can be assembled the night before and refrigerated overnight. Put it in the oven the next morning while you enjoy being with your family. You can also experiment with different types of sausage, cheese and add other ingredients such as spinach or broccoli.
Copyright 2014 TrueCouponing, LLC. All rights reserved.