It’s that time of year again!
Dust off your aprons, go grab a deal on flour and sugar (they’re on sale everywhere this time of year) and preheat the oven.
We’re going to bake some cookies!
We’ve got some cute and delicious Christmas Cookie recipes to share with you.
Christmas Cookie Recipe Day 5:
Corn Flakes was my Daddy’s favorite cereal.
Who knew you could make Christmas cookies with them?
These look like a lot of fun to make, and they absolutely scream Christmas!
What you need to make about 35 Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 30 large marshmallows (a 10-ounce bag contains 38 to 40)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons green food color
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- Red-hot cinnamon candies, for decorating
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- When melted, remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon food color and the vanilla.
- Add more food color, if desired. Stir in cornflakes.
- Drop mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, onto wax paper.
- Decorate with candies. Let stand 30 minutes, or until cool.
**You can make these an Easter or springtime treat, too. Use pastel food color and jelly beans and call them Birds’ Nests!
(Recipe from mr.food.com.)