Corn Flakes was my Daddy’s favorite cereal.
Who knew you could make Christmas cookies with them?
These look like a lot of fun to make, and they absolutely scream Christmas!
What you need to make about 35 Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 30 large marshmallows (a 10-ounce bag contains 38 to 40)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons green food color
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- Red-hot cinnamon candies, for decorating
BONUS FREE DOWNLOAD
Planning Is Key During The Holidays
Here are some FREE Cheat Sheets of pertinent things you don't want to forget to do this coming holiday season.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- When melted, remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon food color and the vanilla.
- Add more food color, if desired. Stir in cornflakes.
- Drop mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, onto wax paper.
- Decorate with candies. Let stand 30 minutes, or until cool.
**You can make these an Easter or springtime treat, too. Use pastel food color and jelly beans and call them Birds’ Nests!
(Recipe from mr.food.com.)