Don’t these Apple Pie Cookies look delicious? (Are you salivating yet?)
I am making these this weekend! I think we are going to make ours square, though so we have less waste.
On second thought…is there really ever any waste when making cookies? Cookie dough = snack, right?
Apple Pie Cookies
What you’ll need for 6-8 good sized Pie Cookies:
- 1 box of refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust (2 sheets per box)
- 1 can of Apple Pie Filling
- 1 cup of Caramel Sauce
- 1 egg (for egg-wash)
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon/Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Nutmeg
- Flour (just for sprinkling)
You’ll also need a round cookie cutter..any size you like.
BONUS FREE DOWNLOAD
Planning Is Key During The Holidays
Here is a FREE Checklist of pertinent things you don't want to forget to do this coming holiday season.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay out a sheet of Pie Crust, sprinkle it with some flour, and slightly roll it out, just to increase its surface area.
- Pour the Caramel Sauce onto the crust and evenly spread it around.
- Coarsely chop the Apple Pie Filling into small pieces.
- Top all of the Caramel with the chopped up Apple Pie Filling.
- Roll out the second sheet of Pie Crust the same size as the first sheet, and slice it into strips.
- Create a lattice crust (just like on a pie) for the top of the pie filling.
TIP:…DON’T create the lattice on the counter, it will be difficult to get it on top of the bottom crust. Create your lattice on top of the actual filling, as if it were a pie!
- Dip your cookie cutter into some egg wash and cut out your Pie Cookies.
- Brush the tops of them with some egg wash and sprinkle them with the Cinnamon Sugar and Nutmeg.
- Place them onto a baking sheet and bake them at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes, until they’re golden and firm. Let them cool just a little.
- Prepare to make another batch because these will be gone FAST!!!
(Recipe from ohbiteit.com.)