Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar
How many strawberries did you pick this season?! If you’ve got some left, here’s a fun recipe to use some of them!
With just six simple ingredients and a little over an hour of time, you’ll have a pretty dessert to serve your guests!
Sprinkling the sliced strawberries with sugar not only sweetens them but makes a delicious juice too!
Cutting the angel food cake into 1″ cubes makes them just the right size 🙂
- 1 lb Angel Food Cake or Pound cake
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup cold Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Reserve 4 strawberries for garnish.
- Remove stems and cut up remaining strawberries and put in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut cake into 1″ cubes.
- Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to zippered bag and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Clip corner of bag to allow for piping.
- In each jar layer cake, then strawberries, then whip cream and then repeat these layers.
- Take reserved strawberries and use for garnish on each jar.
More recipes you might be interested in: