Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe
It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving at our house without the classic Homemade Pumpkin Pie!
Assembling all your ingredients before you get started ensures that you won’t have to stop mid recipe to make a run to the grocery store!
Never made the crust from scratch? Don’t worry, it’s easy 🙂
Mix all the ingredients well before putting them into the pie crust. Now enjoy that heavenly smell as it bakes!
- 1 cup Shortening
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp cold Water
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 2 Eggs
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- Work shortening into flour with a pastry cutter until texture resembles meal.
- Beat egg and add to mixture.
- Add cold water and vinegar and stir until just incorporated.
- Place in a zippered bag.
- Flatten to about 1/2″ with a rolling pin.
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Roll out on a floured surface and place in pie pan.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves together.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Add in pumpkin, sugar mixture and evaporated milk.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 and bake for another 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
You might also like:
|More Pumpkin Recipes||Secret Ways to
Save at Aldi