Turkey Krispy Treats Recipe
Need a cute Thanksgiving treat for your child’s classroom or homeschool group? These Turkey Krispy Treats are easy to make and the kids (and teachers!) will love them!
Just three simple ingredients to make the krispy treats and then five different candies to decorate!
Krispy treats are one of the easiest things to make! After they’re done, let them sit about 10 minutes to set.
After you cut out the turkey circles, all that’s left is to decorate them. The kids will love to help out with this one 🙂
- 6 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- 9 Reese’s Miniatures
- 9 Orange Reese’s Pieces
- 18 Candy Eyes
- 45 Candy Corns
- 1/4 cup Red Candy Melting Chips
- Line a 1″ deep baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place Reese’s Miniatures in freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a Large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add cereal and mix well.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit about 3 minutes.
- Butter your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Focus on getting the 1″ depth and only fill as much the sheet as you can while keeping the thickness.
- Allow to set for at leas 10 minutes.
- Using a 2″ cookie cutter, biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut out circles.
- Place red candy melting chips in corner of zippered sandwich bag and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Gently massage candy to insure that it is smooth and completely melted. If not, heat another 15 seconds.
- Clip very tip of the corner of bag to allow you to pipe on candy.
- Using candy as glue, attach miniature to bottom half of circle.
- Using candy as glue, attach 5 candy corns around upper half of miniature to be tail feathers.
- Using candy as glue, attach Reese’s Piece to bottom half of miniature on its edge as beak.
- Using candy as glue, attach eyes above beak.
- Pipe on a waddle down the bottom of miniature below beak.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set up.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
You may also like:
| Get Cash Back with
| FREE Online
| Tips for Lowering
Your Electric Bill