Easter Chick Sugar Cookies
How cute are these little yellow Easter Chick Sugar Cookies?! They’ll be a hit with young and old alike! And they’re quick to make since they start out with refrigerated cookie dough. But shhhh! Don’t give away your shortcut!
The ingredient list for these is short since you start put with the cookie dough already made.
Cut out your cookies as close together as possible to get as many cookies as possible.
Keep an eye on the cookies when they’re in the oven. You don’t want to brown anything but the edges.
You can make the frosting as light or dark as you want by adding more or less yellow food coloring.
- 1 Roll Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Milk
- 5 drops Yellow Food Color
- Yellow Sparkling Sugar
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Orange Starburst candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the cookie dough to about 1/8″ thick and cut out 3″ cookies.
- Place on lined cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
- Place on rack to cool.
- Cream butter, vanilla and powdered sugar in mixing bowl.
- Slowly add milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Add yellow food coloring and mix until blended
- Frost cookies and sprinkle with yellow sugar.
- Transfer remaining frosting to zippered bag and clip corner to pipe.
- Pipe wings on each side of cookies.
- Place 2 chocolate chips pointy side down for eyes.
- Cut Starbursts and shape a triangle for the beak and two three-toed feet for each cookie.
- Put beaks and feet in place.