Easter Bunny Cupcakes
These adorable Easter Bunny Cupcakes can be made using a boxed cake mix. Customize your cupcakes into bunnies with just a few extra ingredients. They’re almost too cute to eat! Almost.
You can make your cupcakes any flavor you like, but we chose white (since it’s going to be an Easter Bunny).
Try to resist eating them at this stage. Honestly, this is my favorite kind of cupcake…right out of the oven with no frosting. I know…weird, right?
Frost as usual. You can use homemade or pre-made frosting.
Time to make the bunny ears! All you need is marshmallows, scissors and hot pink sprinkles.
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 Giant Marshmallows
- Pink Sparkling Sugar
- 10-12 pieces of Edible Easter Grass or Rips Whips Candy Strings
- 24 Pink Chocolate Chips or Mini M&M’s
- 48 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Using kitchen shears, make cuts around the perimeter of the giant marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the cut area with pink sugar to make inside of ears. Repeat until you have 48 ears.
- Make diagonal cuts around the ends of the marshmallows to make 24 muzzles for the bunnies.
- Cut Easter grass into 3/4″ pieces and stick into muzzle to make whiskers.
- Cream butter in a large bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is the right consistency.
- Beat for 5 minutes to make sure it is fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes then sprinkle with coconut.
- Use frosting to “glue” ears and muzzle onto cupcake.
- Sprinkle exposed frosting with coconut.
- Press pink “nose” into coconut and frosting just above muzzle.
- Press mini chocolate chips into coconut and frosting just above nose.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
We love our Crock Pot. Even during the warm summer months...just pair whatever you cook with a nice crisp salad and it won't feel so "warm". For this recipe instead of using lots of veggies in our crock, we used a bunch of citruses to pair with...read more
This easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is a family favorite we have at least once a month. I plan this meal for hectic afternoons when I have lots of errands to run and kids to pick up and drop off. It's so nice to walk in the house after a busy afternoon to the...read more
It’s getting down to the wire for Christmas shopping. If you're like me, then you still have a few people who you'd like to get something for them, but you don't have the time (or money) to you are like me then you might have a few more people you want to...read more
Fun news: We're changing the name of the company from True Couponing to True Money Saver! When I first started the company in January 2010, I was sharing my couponing grocery shopping trips. The name True Couponing made sense because that's what I said when I taught...read more