Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
Instead of one large carrot cake, how about individual carrot cake cupcakes! These would be great for Easter dinner with the family!
Yes, there are real vegetables in these cupcakes! You can share that information with your kids or not…you be the judge.
You could also make these cupcakes using a cake mix, but you’ll be amazed at how easy a scratch recipe can be.
Peel then shred enough carrots to make 4 cups.
If your kiddos hate veggies, try getting them into the kitchen with you. Kids tend to like foods they help make.
Fold shredded carrots into the cupcake batter.
- 2 cup Flour
- 2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups shredded Carrots[br]
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 16 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 8 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Orange and Green Chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and shred carrots using a cheese grater. Shred enough carrots to make 4 cups.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and slowly add oil while continuing to beat.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix well.
- Fold in shredded carrots.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan 10 minutes then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Beat butter and cream cheese in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar and milk and beat on high until smooth.
- Ice cupcakes with icing.
- Arrange orange and green chocolate candies on top of cupcakes in the form of a carrot as pictured.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
This easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is a family favorite we have at least once a month. I plan this meal for hectic afternoons when I have lots of errands to run and kids to pick up and drop off. It's so nice to walk in the house after a busy afternoon to the...read more
Crock Pot Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe Creamy tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich instantly transports me back to Saturday lunch time when I was a kid...yummy! Toss these simple ingredients in the crock pot before you leave for work and soup will be...read more
It’s getting down to the wire for Christmas shopping. If you're like me, then you still have a few people who you'd like to get something for them, but you don't have the time (or money) to you are like me then you might have a few more people you want to...read more
Fun news: We're changing the name of the company from True Couponing to True Money Saver! When I first started the company in January 2010, I was sharing my couponing grocery shopping trips. The name True Couponing made sense because that's what I said when I taught...read more