Easter Bunny Cupcakes
These adorable Easter Bunny Cupcakes can be made using a boxed cake mix. Customize your cupcakes into bunnies with just a few extra ingredients. They’re almost too cute to eat! Almost.
You can make your cupcakes any flavor you like, but we chose white (since it’s going to be an Easter Bunny).
Try to resist eating them at this stage. Honestly, this is my favorite kind of cupcake…right out of the oven with no frosting. I know…weird, right?
Frost as usual. You can use homemade or pre-made frosting.
Time to make the bunny ears! All you need is marshmallows, scissors and hot pink sprinkles.
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 Giant Marshmallows
- Pink Sparkling Sugar
- 10-12 pieces of Edible Easter Grass or Rips Whips Candy Strings
- 24 Pink Chocolate Chips or Mini M&M’s
- 48 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Using kitchen shears, make cuts around the perimeter of the giant marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the cut area with pink sugar to make inside of ears. Repeat until you have 48 ears.
- Make diagonal cuts around the ends of the marshmallows to make 24 muzzles for the bunnies.
- Cut Easter grass into 3/4″ pieces and stick into muzzle to make whiskers.
- Cream butter in a large bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is the right consistency.
- Beat for 5 minutes to make sure it is fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes then sprinkle with coconut.
- Use frosting to “glue” ears and muzzle onto cupcake.
- Sprinkle exposed frosting with coconut.
- Press pink “nose” into coconut and frosting just above muzzle.
- Press mini chocolate chips into coconut and frosting just above nose.