Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Buttercream Frosting
These rich, decadent cupcakes will be the perfect end to your Irish celebration or any meal. Just a touch of Guinness in the cupcake batter compliments the chocolate creating a full flavor. The Bailey’s buttercream frosting is the perfect crowning touch.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious cupcakes.
Combine dry ingredients and whisk together.
After mixing wet ingredients in a separate bowl, put them all together and stir until well combined.
There are only 3 ingredients in this buttercream frosting. The Bailey’s adds a rich flavor that tops off the cupcakes perfectly.
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 6 oz Guinness
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together cocoa, sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the Guinness, melted butter and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs and sour cream until combined and smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners. (Something green is a nice touch.)
- Fill each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar.
- Add Bailey’s until right consistency is achieved.
- Transfer to piping bag and frost cupcakes.
- Dust with a little cocoa powder if desired.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
You might also like:
|Sign Up for the FREE
|How to Coupon with Ethics||FREE Online Couponing Classes|